Holy Basil (Tulsi): Benefits of Holy Basil (Tulsi)
Holy Basil (Tulsi)
Benefits of Holy Basil (Tulsi)
In this article, I will tell you many benefits of holy basil also known as Tulsi, and how to get it in your diet every single day. And also tell about when to use it, how much in the exact dosage,
The six benefits and perks of Holy Basil (Tulsi.)
Holy basil is a plant that's grown traditionally in Asia. Now it's also grown in subtropical areas and other areas of the world at this point. But it was used most commonly in Ayurvedic medicine, which is a form of medicine that was used in the areas of ancient India. Ayurvedic medicine again has been practiced for more than 3000 years. One of the main benefits or ways they would use holy basil in history was for using it as an adaptogen to lower stress levels.
we know when you become emotionally stressed in any way, whether it is work anxiety or relational stress, or work stress, whatever it is, that can really weigh down on you. And actually, what it starts to do is cause your cortisol to raise, can cause other hormones like insulin to get out of balance and melatonin so you don't sleep as well, causing disease in your body.
The great benefits of adaptogens like holy basil, they help sort of balance that cortisol levels, bringing them back to neutral to where then your body can function better, your body can heal better. And this is why it's also known as one of the top anti-aging herbs in the entire world today, especially in Ayurvedic medicine.
1. Anxiety: If you're struggling with anxiety, holy basil is one of the number one herbs. anxiety is one of the ways you want to use holy basil. So, a few other things about anxiety, there are a few other herbs that help with this as well. Calming herbs like chamomile and lavender also are greatly beneficial, but I recommend those three for anxiety, holy basil along with lavender and chamomile.
2. Adrenal fatigue: We know your adrenal glands can use adaptogenic herbs. Now, the family of adaptogens doesn't just include holy basil. It also includes herbs like schizandra, Rhodiola Rosea, ashwagandha, ginseng, licorice root extract, and even medicinal mushrooms like reishi and cordyceps all fall within those categories. Now all of those benefits, but especially holy basil can actually benefit and nourish your adrenal gland, supporting adrenal fatigue by balancing out those cortisol levels. So again, if you have adrenal fatigue, number one, take holy basil.
3. Hypothyroidism: The number of people struggling with hypothyroidism and Hashimoto's thyroiditis the autoimmune form of thyroid dysfunction with most thyroid markers, this condition can greatly benefit from using holy basil on a regular basis. And I recommend for thyroid issues, doing a one-two punch of herbs holy basil and ashwagandha. Holy Basil and ashwagandha, those are the two herbs you want to be taking if you've got thyroid issues. And also, if you have thyroid issues, consider taking a B complex vitamin and selenium and also getting plenty of greens in your diet like a green superfood powder with some algae like spirulina and chlorella. You get all of those in your diet, you're going to go a long way to helping your thyroid and eliminating processed sugar and gluten.
4. Acne: It's great for fighting acne. If you want to get rid of acne, mix a little bit of holy basil essential oil or the herb with some honey, raw honey, put it on your face, wash it off after two minutes.
One of the unique things about holy basil is it contains a compound that's also found in clove oil called eugenol. Eugenol is commonly used for killing off gingivitis and different types of gum disease.
The unique thing about holy basil is that it has all of calming anti-anxiety properties and anti-bacterial properties of lavender, but also has the antibacterial and antioxidant properties of clove, which really makes it such a unique and rare herb
5. Blood sugar regulation: In fact, there are clinical studies showing that if you supplement with holy basil, it can balance out or reduce insulin levels by 17%. So, it's pretty incredible when you look at the benefits on blood sugar level when you get holy basil in your diet on a daily basis. If you've got diabetes or blood sugar issues, you typically want to reduce the number of processed carbohydrates you're eating and focus more on getting protein, fiber, and healthy fat, and antioxidants during your meal. Remember that, protein, fiber, healthy fat, and antioxidants. Getting those things with your meals and just small amounts of carbohydrates with the meals, that's an
ideal diet for getting rid of diabetes. And for diabetes as well, again take these two supplements, holy basil, and chromium picolinate. Both of those helps balance blood sugar levels.
6. Natural stress buster: Here's the truth. Almost everybody today, whether you're sitting in traffic or looking at a computer screen or just busy and on the go, we have more stress today than we've ever had in human history due to all of the things that are increasing, what's called our sympathetic nerve system. If you really want to heal your body and heal your adrenals and your thyroid and reduce overall stress levels, holy basil is so beneficial because of how it lowers stress levels. It can help balance out your sympathetic and your parasympathetic nervous system. Your sympathetic nervous system like your body's fight or flight response. If you got a bear chasing you or you are rushing to meet a deadline or rushing to pick the kids up from cricket practice or whatever it is, that puts you in a sympathetic state.
A sympathetic state is when all your energy moves to your extremities and it leaves your insides parasympathetic is when your body is digesting food and you are, secreting hormones and your body is resting and regenerating and healing. So, you really want to live more in a parasympathetic state, holy basil helps. It helps you do that by relieving stress and supporting your entire brain and nerve system, your adrenals, your thyroid, all of these organs in your body, your pancreas, and all.
Holy basil is one of the greatest herbs. It's been used more than 3000 years, it's been proven in history, it's been proven in medical studies.
Let's know about specifically the dosage and how to use it to benefit your health. Here, when we're talking about how to use it specifically,
Here are three different ways you can get it in your body on a daily basis.
Number one, taking it in a tea form. It's called Tulsi tea. Remember Tulsi is the same as holy basil. Drinking two cups a day, one first thing in the morning, one in the afternoon. It's a great way to get it in your body, so drinking in tea form.
Number two, taking it as a supplemental dose
Typically, about 400 to 5000 milligrams once to twice daily in a supplement form. You can also use it in an essential oil form typically about three drops three times a day.
The essential oil form, the capsule form, or the tea are the most common beneficial ways to get holy basil in your diet every single day. And remember, this is one of the world's ultimate adaptogenic herbs.
Related Article: 13 Uses of Aloe vera for your body and hair.
: WHEATGRASS, 14 health benefits of drinking wheatgrass juice powder
: WHEATGRASS, 14 health benefits of drinking wheatgrass juice powder